Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Jake Luhrs on Metal's "Soul"

"I've been called Satan by Christians (older people for the most part). They don't like my screaming voice, and I've also had plenty of Christians say that God would never work through a metal band because it sounds horrifying. Why can't metal not be used for Jesus? Music was created by God. A musical style doesn't have a soul so the style can't be "Christian" or "Satanic." Just because some people use music a certain way, doesn't mean that it can't be redeemed and used by God. I always tell people to read my lyrics and really look at my life. Bad trees bear bad fruit; good trees bear good fruit."

- Jake Luhrs, vocalist for August Burns Red

Lyric video for "Cutting Ties" from the new album Leveler




read/watch an interview Jake did with The Resurgence here